Happy December! Thank you for reading The Denver North Star. We hope you’re enjoying the last issue of 2021. We strongly believe that news should be free and easily available to everyone, which is why we don’t have subscriptions and deliver a print newspaper to our community.
About 85% of our funding comes from the local advertisers you see in each issue. The other 15% is from grants and readers like you. Please help us meet our year-end fundraising goals by making a contribution before Dec. 31.
For the third year, Colorado Media Project has selected The Denver North Star as one of 26 news outlets across the state for a matching grant of up to $5,000. The #newsCOneeds matching grant challenge supports locally owned and nonprofit news outlets who are recognized for journalistic excellence that are meeting the news needs of local communities. We’re honored to have been included every year since the paper launched.
Every dollar we raise before the end of the year will be matched up to a total of $5,000. Please note that contributions to The Denver North Star are not tax deductible.
In this last year, we’ve been growing our news team and you may have noticed the paper has grown in size from a small 12 page publication, at the height of the pandemic last year, to regularly publishing 20 pages each month, allowing us to bring you more local news. We hope to use the funds to continue to expand our team, ensuring a diversity of voices in each issue. As printing costs have also risen sharply lately, we’ll be using some funds to alleviate our rising costs.
We also welcome checks, which have the added benefit of no processing fees, so your entire contribution comes to us.
Make your check payable to “The Denver North Star” and mail to:
The Denver North Star
PO Box 11584
Denver, CO 80211
Our team enjoys helping inform our community, and we take reader input very seriously. In addition to your financial contribution, please reach out to us at News@DenverNorthStar.com with questions or story ideas of what you’d like to see us cover in 2022.
Finally, we’re also proud that our new sister publication, The G.E.S. Gazette, published its third issue this month. If you’re looking for news about the Globeville, Elyria, and Swansea neighborhoods and the RiNo art district, or a bilingual news source in Denver, check it out at GESGazette.com or look for copies on news racks in the area.
Thank you for your support.
Publisher and Editor
The Denver North Star
The G.E.S. Gazette